Kimbap [Korean sushi]
Some of you might know that I’ve been living in Australia for the past year. Now, it’s time to go back to my country ‘Korea’. It’s very sad to leave such a lovely country as Australia, but on the other hand, I’m so excited to see my family and friends.
I had a farewell party with my friends before I left. So I decided to take popular Korean picnic food Kimbap for my friends
Watch the video
- 3-4 Cup Steamed rice
- Seaweed laver
- Yellow pickled radish strips
- Ham (or Spam)
- Imitated crab sticks
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cucumber
- Bamboo sushi mat
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
1. Cut all the ingredients into a half cm thin strips.
2. Crack 3 eggs into a bowl with a little of salt to taste. Oil the pan. Pour the egg mixture and fry on both sides until golden brown.
3. Place it on the chopping board. Cut into a half cm strips.
4. Fry Carrot, imitated crab sticks and ham for 1-2 minutes.
5. Put 3-4 cups of steamed rice in a big bowl. Season with salt, sesame seeds and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
6. Roll Kimbap!
7. Brush a little bit of sesame oil over Kimbap.
8. Cut Kimbap into thumb-sized pieces.
9. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for a garnish.
1. Slice the skin only because the inside of cucumber is watery and too soft to use.
2. Frying the carrots, imitated crab and ham is for fuller flavor and better texture. Also you don’t need to use oil as it’s quick frying.(step4)
3. Wet you hands when you roll Kimbap, so the rice doesn’t get stuck on you hands.
4. Leave a space of about 1cm without rice, and wet it with cold water. This will help it stick to the roll and create a more smooth finish.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Try the recipe and let me know what you think
Do you have a favorite korean dish that you would like to learn? Leave your request in the comments below!Leave your request in the comments below!