Korean style Egg Bread [Gaeran Bbang]
Today, I made an interesting brunch in the morning. It’s one of the street foods in Korea, Gaeran Bbang. It’s sold on the street in cold weather. So you might be able to try this in Korean when it’s winter. It’s so delicious when the bread is fresh from the oven. I ate it many times whenever I passed the food stall. Usually the outside of Gaeran Bbang is bread, and inside is like boiled egg. Literally, it’s Egg Bread
It’s pretty much only bread and egg but I made Gaeran Bbang on my way. So I added extra ingredients such as bacon and parsley. I had my Gaeran Bbang with black coffee and it was good start of new day
Try Korean street food at home.
Ingredients (6 breads)
For making bread:
- 3/4 Cup Self-Rising flour (100g). or Multi-flour 100g with 1/4 Tsp of baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 4 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Butter (or Olive oil)
- 1/5 Tsp Vanilla essence – Optional
For the filling:
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Bacon slice
- Ground parsley
1. Mix the flour with 4 Tsp of sugar, 1/4 Tsp of salt in a bowl.
2. Crack an egg into a bowl. Mix well.
3. Add the milk little by little into a bowl while stirring until it turns to a nice thick flour base.
4. Coat the oil all side of baking pan. (oil spray recommended)
5. Pour the flour base into baking pan 1/3 much.
6. Crack the eggs one by one into each hole.
7. Put chopped bacon and a little bit of ground parsley on the top. A pinch of salt for flavor.
8. Bake it for 10-15minutes at 200-200 degree.
9. Serve when it’s warm.It goes well with hot milk or coffee.
- It’s good to fill the baking pan 1/3 full with flour base. If you add more than that, the egg will run over.
- Before filling the baking pan, spray(coat) the pan with some oil. It helps to take bread out easily from the hole after baking.
- If you don’t have baking pan, you can use a paper cup instead.
- Depending on oven, it may turn out in different shape and texture. If your egg bread is still doughy after baking, please bake in higher temperature next time.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you have a request for a korean recipe,
please leave it in the comments below!